Caring for your wool and silk items
- Rule # 1 - airing is more important than washing!
- take your woolens outside and give them a good shake
- fluff your cushions occasionally
- in the winter, drag the item lightly through snow and leave it outside overnight (the colder, the better). Give it a shake in the morning and enjoy a fresh, naturally dry-cleaned item.
- the blankets, cushions and cat-mats are pre-washed on wool-cycle (sometimes also called "handwash cycle").
- NEVER use gentle cycle as it will agitate/spin too hard and shrink the item.
- ALWAYS use wool detergent. Regular laundry soap will dry out wool and silk fibres.
- do not leave items in blazing sunlight for extended periods of time - wool as well as silk will turn brittle
- pat a wall piece or gently vacuum over with an upholstery attachment
- if the white canvas gets soiled, a magic eraser will take care of it
- click the link for instructions on how to keep woolens moth-free: